Friday, May 8, 2015

Fashion Show Program

As Public Relations of the Student Fashion Society, which is the fashion club on campus, I took on the job of creating the Fashion Show program for this year's show. I did this project in place of the brochure project. I made the front cover look nearly identical to the Fashion Show flyer I designed. I kept the theme cohesive throughout the file with the same colors, typeface and a triangle graphic in each corner. My biggest challenge with this project was preparing the document for print. I originally designed it in the order it will be read (as shown below), but only some printers are able to reorder the pages on their own the way they need to be printed, and of course the printer I went to was not capable of doing this. So, I had to rearrange all of the pages into 'printer spreads' which was really frustrating. Then, the printer told me they might not be the right size because I designed them to take up half of an 8.5" x 11" page. Luckily, they were able to double them up on each page of paper and the finished product was well worth the stress – well kinda.







No comments:

Post a Comment